Our team is growing and we are currently searching for talented, hard working, and experienced individuals to join our dynamic team! If you love interior design and fit the qualifications for either of the positions below, we’d love to hear from you! If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share the listing with them. We’re quite busy with a lot of exciting projects and would love to fill this role soon.
POSITION: DESIGN ASSOCIATE
Paloma Contreras Design seeks a Design Associate to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years experience at an interior design firm. Applicants must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and should have great multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate is articulate in both verbal and written communication and possesses style and professionalism in keeping with that of our firm. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and should be a self-starter.
– Minimum 2-3 years experience in high-end residential design
– 4 year degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture preferred but not required
-Self-starter with the ability to work seamlessly with our team
-Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workflow, and meet deadlines through installation
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– High level of detail, organization, and professionalism
-We are seeking a qualified candidate who lives in Houston, TX or is willing to relocate.
-We are a fun, friendly team who work together closely. We are seeking someone who fits well into our company culture which values integrity, excellence, transparency, inspiration, and forward thinking
– Researching, sourcing, and pricing furniture, lighting + antiques that are cohesive to the design aesthetic of the project independently as well as in collaboration with Principal – Create, update, and monitor project budgets
– Work with Office Manager to place, process and manage all vendor orders through to completion
– Maintain project binders for all items ordered for each project assigned
– Prepare for and attend client meetings, including design meetings and project site visits
– Experience designing, drawing, and producing custom furniture, millwork, lighting a plus
– Review and redline all shop drawings to ensure design intent
– Create installation timelines; organize and oversee installations
– Represent firm at meetings with architects, contractors and vendors
– Oversee / manage issues with contractors, vendors and clients. Identify and document problem /conflicts and determine solutions
– Heavy vendor and client contact by phone and by e-mail
– Be responsible for providing weekly status reports and be prepared to discuss the status of all orders on all projects at weekly staff meetings
– Knowledge of StudioDesigner or similar program for creating proposals, purchase orders and invoices is a plus
-Proficiency in AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and Dropbox
-Extensive knowledge of fabric, furniture, lighting vendors, etc.
– Must possess good follow-through skills
– Must be a team player
-Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits
POSITION: DESIGN ASSISTANT
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience at an interior design firm. Applicants must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and should have great multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate is articulate in both verbal and written communication and possesses style and professionalism in keeping with that of our firm. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and should be a self-starter as we may work remotely from time to time.
Day-to-Day Duties will Include, but are not Limited to:
-Assisting Principal with organization and logistics of projects, including tracking client budgets, purchases, and delivery/installation schedules
-Working from proposal phase through project completion to ensure seamless process for Principal and client up to installation
-Procurement of quotes and estimates from vendors
-Creation of client proposals, purchase orders, and invoices
-Managing ordering process by analyzing lead times & placing purchase orders with vendors
-Expediting: Tracking orders from purchase order to shipping and arrival date- work with vendors and our warehouse to ensure items arrive as specified. Handling any issues in a timely manner prior to installation.
-Scheduling installations with clients
-Assisting with office tasks per Principal’s request
-Assisting with special projects including photoshoots for client projects and for Paloma’s upcoming second book
-Assisting with various design tasks including sourcing and completing renderings and floorplans in AutoCAD
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD is required. Experience with Studio Designer is a plus.
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
– Must be extremely detail oriented and have the ability to prioritize and manage complex projects while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
– Ideal candidate is reliable, self-motivated, and willing to learn both independently and in a team setting
– The ideal candidate will have at least 1- 2 years experience in the residential interior design industry
-Salary commensurate with experience
This position has opportunity for growth as our firm continues to grow.
Paloma Contreras Design is a boutique, high-end interior design firm in Houston, Texas. We specialize in residential interiors, offering comprehensive design services that result in comfortable, luxurious spaces reflective of our clients’ tastes and lifestyles. Our team has completed projects throughout Houston as well as in Southampton, NY, Palm Beach, Atlanta, and New York. We are currently working on projects across the country and in the Caribbean.
Paloma has been repeatedly named to the prestigious ELLE Decor “A-List”. She has also been recognized as a “Next Wave” interior designer by House Beautiful and has been named to LUXE Magazine’s “Gold List”. In 2017, Paloma was named #4 on the Forbes list of the Top Social Media Influencers in the Home category and has one of the Top 10 Instagram accounts to follow for interior design according to ELLE Decor. Paloma and her work have been featured in numerous publications and websites including ELLE Decor, Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, Vogue, Domino, Luxe, Traditional Home, Southern Living, Better Homes & Gardens, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal.
This position offers the ideal candidate an opportunity to work directly alongside the Principal, Paloma Contreras and offers valuable exposure to many facets of the interior design business including residential interiors, product design, and publishing.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to our Office Manager, Jaime Ball (firstname.lastname@example.org).