Our team is growing and we are currently searching for a talented, hard working, and experienced Design Associate to join our dynamic team!
Paloma Contreras Design seeks a Design Associate to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years experience at an interior design firm. Applicants must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and should have great multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate is articulate in both verbal and written communication and possesses style and professionalism in keeping with that of our firm. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and should be a self-starter.
– Minimum 2-3 years experience in high-end residential design
– 4 year degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture preferred but not required
-Self-starter with the ability to work seamlessly with our team
-Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workflow, and meet deadlines through installation
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– High level of detail, organization, and professionalism
-We are seeking a qualified candidate who lives in Houston, TX or is willing to relocate.
-We are a fun, friendly team who work together closely. We are seeking someone who fits well into our company culture which values integrity, excellence, transparency, inspiration, and forward thinking
– Researching, sourcing, and pricing furniture, lighting + antiques that are cohesive to the design aesthetic of the project independently as well as in collaboration with Principal – Create, update, and monitor project budgets
– Work with Office Manager to place, process and manage all vendor orders through to completion
– Maintain project binders for all items ordered for each project assigned
– Prepare for and attend client meetings, including design meetings and project site visits
– Experience designing, drawing, and producing custom furniture, millwork, lighting a plus
– Review and redline all shop drawings to ensure design intent
– Create installation timelines; organize and oversee installations
– Represent firm at meetings with architects, contractors and vendors
– Oversee / manage issues with contractors, vendors and clients. Identify and document problem /conflicts and determine solutions
– Heavy vendor and client contact by phone and by e-mail
– Be responsible for providing weekly status reports and be prepared to discuss the status of all orders on all projects at weekly staff meetings
– Knowledge of StudioDesigner or similar program for creating proposals, purchase orders and invoices is a plus
-Proficiency in AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and Dropbox
-Extensive knowledge of fabric, furniture, lighting vendors, etc.
– Must possess good follow-through skills
– Must be a team player
-Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits
Paloma Contreras Design is a boutique, high-end interior design firm in Houston, Texas. We specialize in residential interiors, offering comprehensive design services that result in comfortable, luxurious spaces reflective of our clients’ tastes and lifestyles. Our team has completed projects throughout Houston as well as in Southampton, NY, Palm Beach, Atlanta, and New York. We are currently working on projects across the country and in the Caribbean.
Paloma has been repeatedly named to the prestigious ELLE Decor “A-List”. She has also been recognized as a “Next Wave” interior designer by House Beautiful and has been named to LUXE Magazine’s “Gold List”. In 2017, Paloma was named #4 on the Forbes list of the Top Social Media Influencers in the Home category and has one of the Top 10 Instagram accounts to follow for interior design according to ELLE Decor. Paloma and her work have been featured in numerous publications and websites including ELLE Decor, Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, Vogue, Domino, Luxe, Traditional Home, Southern Living, Better Homes & Gardens, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal.
This position offers the ideal candidate an opportunity to work directly alongside the Principal, Paloma Contreras and offers valuable exposure to many facets of the interior design business including residential interiors, product design, and publishing.
To apply, please visit the official job listing on Business of Home to submit your resume or email your resume and cover letter to our Office Manager, Jaime Ball (firstname.lastname@example.org).