We are on the cusp of growth at Paloma Contreras Design and are seeking a qualified candidate to join our fast-paced office and dynamic team in the role of Office Manager. This will start as a Part-Time position but has the potential to grown into a Full-Time position.
High-end, boutique residential interior design firm seeks an Office Manager to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience working at an interior design firm or similar business experience. Must be exceptionally organized, detail oriented, resourceful, reliable, able to multitask, and work efficiently to meet multiple deadlines. Good written and verbal communication skills are a must. Must have strong interpersonal skills. We work on projects nationwide and as a small team there is great opportunity to get involved in various areas of our multi-faceted business. Working directly with the Principal, the Office Manager will be responsible for project coordination and the administrative, financial, and purchasing functions of the firm.
Candidates should be proficient in Studio Designer and Microsoft Office Suite. This position requires great attention to detail and the focus to stay on top of each task through to completion. The ideal candidate takes initiative and has sharp critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
– Innovation, implementation, and maintenance of company systems and operations
– General office & showroom organization
– Scheduling (Maintain project schedules)
-Respond to new client inquiries and conduct initial phone consultation
-Coordinate payroll administration
-Paid time off management
-File and keep business licenses, resale certificates, insurance, and other business documentation up to date
-Coordination of marketing efforts with president
-Develop, implement, and manage all aspects of client relations systems and programs
-Weekly design team updates
-Assist principal and design team as needed
– Accounts payable (paying all vendors & trades)
– Accounts receivable (issuing invoices to clients and recording/depositing their payments)
– Maintain a record of all accounting in Studio Designer
– Manage corporate credit cards and reconcile credit card accounts
-Manage office time billing and produce time billing reports; review and manage invoicing
-Manage product invoicing and sales tax records
-Provide principal and accountant with accurate sales tax reports each month
-Work with our outside bookkeeping firm and CPA to prepare and provide all necessary reports
Project Coordination & Purchasing
-Organize and track purchases made during the course of a project, including but not limited to:
– Budgets (create with designers, update and track throughout project)
– Manage Purchase orders. Work with Design Team and Suppliers to make timely deposits and payments and to coordinate shipping. Oversee purchases from issuance of Purchase Order to receipt of goods—quote, reserve, order, track, receive, inspect, deliver, & install)
-Update shipping charges in Studio
– Freight/Storage (arranging pickups, deliveries and maintaining storage inventory)
– Installation (organizing all vendors, deliveries, and checking in all items during an installation).
Paloma Contreras Design is a boutique, high-end interior design firm in Houston, Texas. We specialize in residential interiors, offering comprehensive design services that result in comfortable, luxurious spaces reflective of our clients’ tastes and lifestyles. Our team has completed projects throughout Houston as well as in Southampton, NY, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. We are currently working on projects across the country and in the Caribbean. Our work has been published in House Beautiful, Elle Decor,Domino, Luxe, and Traditional Home and Paloma has been recognized on the prestigious ELLE Decor A-List, House Beautiful’s “Next Wave” list, and the Luxe “Gold List”.
This position offers the ideal candidate an opportunity to work directly alongside the Principal, Paloma Contreras and offers valuable exposure to many facets of the interior design business including residential interiors, product design, and publishing.
For more details and to apply, please visit the full job listing here. No phone calls, please.