Hello LDV readers! Brendan here of B.A.D | Blog About Design. For today’s Jet Set post I’ve decided to take us to the wonderful country of Brazil. I figured it’d be the perfect time with the World Cup currently being played there. The Hotel Villa Bahia is a quaint 17 room hotel located in the historic Salvador, Brazil. The 17th-18th century colonial hotel, is the perfect place to relax and unwind and get inspired by all Brazil has to offer. (ABOVE) The front of the hotel is very inviting. I’m a huge fan of the ornately decorated windows and doors.
(1) The lobby mixes old and new world charm. What I like about this lobby is that it feels like someones living room. It’s not grand, it’s comfortable and homey.
(2) The hotel’s restaurant is a great place to catch up on some local flavors. The wood table, and intricate screen all add to the overall beauty of this place. When you look out the french doors you’re greeted by cobble stone streets and colonial architecture.
(3) Another view of the hotel’s restaurant. If you don’t want to sit at a dining table, you can enjoy an armchair and a view of the city.
(4) The pool is located in the center courtyard. I find the tile work to be gorgeous. The architecture of the courtyard space reminds me of Morocco.
(5) This is one of the hotel’s suites. All the suites at the Bahia evoke a homey-vibe. I believe this suite has a view of the courtyard and is roughly 200 sqft.
(6) If you stay in a larger suite, you will also have a living area. I love the bright pops of color in this space. They bring in the energy of the city.
(7) The front of the hotel and the outdoor seating for the hotel’s restaurant. What do you think of the Hotel Villa Bahia? Have you stayed here before?
(1) $247.50 Alice + Olivia White Rudie Mini Dress, (2) $165 Tory Burch metallic Rim Sunglasses, (3) $44 Topshop Pleated Top, (4) $287.50 Alexander Wang Jodie Ankle Strap Pumps, (5) $44 Topshop Jean Shorts, (6) Casual Chic, (7) $62 frieda&nellie Friends Forever Bracelet, (8) $178 MICHAEL Michael Kors Selma Mini Messenger, (9) $67.20 J.Crew Swimsuit, (10) $65 serefina Neon Crystal Necklace, (11) $135 Joie A La Plage Nice Thong Sandals, (12) $72 Topshop Floppy Hat, (13) $72 Topshop Floral Lace Top, (14) $176 Dean Davidson Castle Ring
Shop The Post
You May Also Like...
Friday Favorites 09.21.18
Happy Friday! It has been so nice having a full week at home after...
Lust List: September 2018
Now that my book tour has begun, it feels like fall is in full...
Cheap meets Chic: The Goop X CB2 Collection
Hi, everyone! Jeanne here at LDV. Have y’all seen Gwyneth Paltrow’s new furniture collaboration...
The Style Files: Veere Grenney
Veere Grenney is one of my favorite designers. His work is always elegant, polished,...
Dissecting the Details: Meredith Ellis
Hello lovely LDV readers! Nancy of Marcus Design here and I am thrilled to...
A Note on Style: My September Mood
Hello, LDV readers! This is Karima from A Note on Style. I love September....