Hello LDV readers! Brendan here of (BAD) Blog About Design. For this Jet Set post I decided to take us to the city of Santa Monica, California. What I like about Santa Monica is that it’s not only incredibly beautiful, but also the perfect transition location from summer to fall. The Huntley Hotel is a luxury hotel located near the beaches of Santa Monica. During the summer months I’d prefer a hotel right on the beach, but during this time of the year I don’t mind the walk, especially since the hotel is located right next to shopping and restaurants. (ABOVE) I love the entry way of the hotel. It’s very grand and has a strong sense of California design. If you look at the center building, you’ll notice the elevator which has views of the outdoors. I’d be a little nervous taking the elevator during a storm!
(1) The lobby is full of unique pieces that feel both modern and retro. I love the two wood armchairs directly in front. The chairs look like chocolate! This lobby feels very inviting, and has many places to spread out and relax while you wait for your suite to by ready after a long plane ride! With so many different pieces in the space which piece is your favorite?
(2) The Penthouse is a top floor restaurant that has sweeping views of the ocean. The restaurant serves American, Asian, and Pacific foods. The design of the restaurant is very elegant and sleek. I love the drapery and chandeliers above each table. The curtains bring a lightness to the area.
(3) The suites have a modern-retro vibe. I like how the T.V is displayed, by propping the T.V up, the suite feels more spacious. At the Huntley there are many different types of suites that one can stay in. From standard guest rooms to presidential suites, whatever your preference, you’re sure to enjoy the rooms!
(4) The suite’s bathrooms are very modern. The wood textured ceiling and walls soften the stone. Even though I prefer bathrooms with a bit more kick, I really like the simple design here. When you’re on vacation you don’t want your head spinning from the loud design.
(5) A view of the Huntley from the front doors. The curtains really soften the exterior. The curtains scream a little Palm Springs to me! What do you think of the hotel? Have you stayed here before? Share in the comments! Below are a few fashion picks to pack with you to California!
(1) Diane von Furstenberg Lainey Jeweled Halter Dress, (2) The Row Round Leather Sunglasses, (3) MSGM Detachable Zip Collar Blush Gilet, (4) Alice & Olivia Dina Metallic Snake Print Pumps, (5) Chicnova Long Sleeves Plaid Blouse with Single Front Pocket, (6) Patterned Trouser, (7) EACH x OTHER Blue Slouchy Leather Band Jeans, (8) Saint Laurent LuLu Leather Shoulder Bag, (9) Tory Burch Christy Riding Boots, (10) J.Crew Crystal Compilation Necklace, (11) McQ Alexander McQueen Medium Makeup Case, (12) The Hotel
Shop The Post
You May Also Like...
Lust List: June 2018
Now that summer is officially here, I have pretty dresses, breezy silhouettes, tan leather...
A Note on Style: The Beauty of A Neutral Story
Is there anything more chic than a summer wardrobe based on warm neutrals? A...
Revisiting a Very Chic House
A few years ago, I came across the stunning home of Emma Jane Pilkington...
2018 LDV Father’s Day Gift Guide
Father’s Day is just two weeks away! Can you believe it? It usually feels...
The Style Files: Benjamin Reynaert
Benjamin Reynaert is an up and coming editor with a brilliant eye and vibrant...
In the Mood: June 2018
Can you believe summer is unofficially here and the first half of the year...