Hello, fabulous LDV readers! It’s Rebecca from the fashion blog Young Sophisticates, and The Luxe Report today is all about the leather accent trend. In my opinion, there is nothing more luxurious than quality leather goods. I think most every woman appreciates a fine leather handbag, but few women embrace wearing leather on the body. Perhaps the hesitation lies in not wanting to look like a biker chick or rocker.
If you’re hesitant about trying this trend, let me assure you that leather accents are wearable, relatable, sophisticated and cool. And, you can try the leather accent trend without looking the least bit biker. So why don’t you own any leather accented pieces yet?
Leather accents are on trend, and you can wear leather accented pieces with confidence. Leather accented pieces are sophisticated and surprisingly wearable – a tweed skirt with leather trim, a wool dress with leather pockets, and more – you’ll be able to shop this look below. I’ve also included a few fabulous leather finds for your home. You can also try the trend in your decor!
So, let’s get started on finding some styling inspiration for this trend…
Mustard top, black leather skirt, and brown leather handbag.
A leather-accented trench is the perfect mix of classic and on trend.
Black leather shorts with same-color opaque tights – a superb styling trick.
SHOP THE LOOK (for your closet):
- TIBI Boatneck Dress with Leather Pockets: such a to-die-for dress… yes, it’s that fantastic.
- Robert Rodriguez Tweed Skirt with Leather Trim: wear this fabulous skirt with a crisp white blouse and black pointy toe heels to give it a true "classic with a twist" style vibe.
- Whistles Keara Leather Insert Sweater at ASOS: a chunky knit with black leather inserts on the shoulders and elbow patches. It starts off laid back and quiet, but then there’s a (surprise!!) major fashion statement mixed in.
Wondering what this trend looks like in your living space… It’s all about a tiny bit of leather in the mix, never overwhelming or dominant. Never boring or outdated, and always fresh, cool and modern.
This interior space is from Bottega Veneta’s home line on display at Bergdorf Goodman. The rich brown woven leather on the piece on the left makes the space!
SHOP THE LOOK (for your home):
- Bottega Veneta Memo Paper Holder: add a little bit of luxury to your office or at-home work space with this memo holder in the signature woven leather.
- Ralph Lauren Cashmere Throw with Leather Trim: the All-American designer does it again with a throw that’s simultaneously comfortable and stylish.
With so many stylish options, you’re sure to find something you’ll love.
Do you already own any leather accents? Will you be trying this trend?
Shop The Post
You May Also Like...
The Prettiest Collection: Khaite Resort ’19
One of my favorite labels as of late has been Khaite, designed by Courtney...
Lust List: June 2018
Now that summer is officially here, I have pretty dresses, breezy silhouettes, tan leather...
A Note on Style: The Beauty of A Neutral Story
Is there anything more chic than a summer wardrobe based on warm neutrals? A...
Revisiting a Very Chic House
A few years ago, I came across the stunning home of Emma Jane Pilkington...
2018 LDV Father’s Day Gift Guide
Father’s Day is just two weeks away! Can you believe it? It usually feels...
The Style Files: Benjamin Reynaert
Benjamin Reynaert is an up and coming editor with a brilliant eye and vibrant...