Today, Alaina of Live Creating Yourself is sharing her beautiful and inspired dream home with us. Alaina is such a doll- a truly positive person with infectious energy and she is super stylish to boot. Enjoy!
When Paloma asked me to contribute my dream home to her series, I knew the task would be exciting but also a challenge. You see, my taste in interiors changes daily; I love bright color as much I love an all-white room. I daydream of living in a cozy Cape Cod beach house, a city loft, and a spacious ranch in California. So instead choosing a single room to represent what I’d want my dream house to look like, I considered trends and characteristics I’d like it to have.
So here it is! A mashed-up version of the following:
My dream living room would include:
• insanely high ceilings
• natural wood accents – support beams are preferable
• oversized windows so the space is bright on the dreariest of days
• an abundance of seating and end tables for game night with friends
• a George Smith rolled-arm couch in yellow
• extra-large art littered about the walls
• plants (hoping I’ve figured out how to keep them alive by then)
My ideal kitchen would include:
• jaw-dropping pendant lights
• an antique farmhouse table
• white cabinets and open shelving
• carrera marble countertops – red wine spills be damned!
• a fully-equipped espresso station
• a vast collection of Mauviel copper pots hanging on display
My dream office would include:
• oversized work tables
• shelves overflowing with art supplies and books
• a combination of sleek contemporary pieces and vintage finds
• like all of the other rooms in the house, my ideal home office would include a view and plenty of natural light
My perfect master bedroom would include:
• a king-size bed with upholstered headboard
• fresh flowers on the bedside table
• a fireplace
• a private screened-in porch
• the perfect writing desk with a view
• Jenna Lyons’ shoe collection
And for my guests:
• a room with two twin beds
• crisp white linens and overstuffed pillows offer guests the perfect night’s sleep
The bathrooms in my dream home would include:
• tiled walls
• a collection of vintage art
• claw-foot tubs
• rain head showers
• my favorite bath products and candles
The outside of my dream home would include:
• a wrap-around porch
• an oversized chess board
• hydrangeas galore
• a screened-in porch for summer nights uninterrupted by mosquitos
• a pool surrounded by grass
• and if the porch overlooked the ocean (any ocean), that would be the cherry on top
(but I’d also settle for panoramic views of the vineyards in Northern California)
So that’s that. A girl can dream, right?
Shop The Post
You May Also Like...
Friday Favorites 07.20.18
This week flew by in the blink of an eye! We returned from our...
From the Archives: Art Deco in Atlanta
I am back from a wonderful trip to Round Hill, Jamaica which I promise...
A Note on Style: Chic Summer Essentials
Happy Monday! Karima here from A Note on Style and I’m back with my...
The Style Files: Annie Selke
For more than 20 years, Annie Selke, Founder & CEO of The Annie Selke...
A Classically Chic Connecticut Cottage
Interior designers, Michael del Perno and Andrew Fry, who also own a chic home...
Join Our Growing Team: Paloma Contreras Design is Hiring
Paloma Contreras Design is a boutique, high-end residential interior design firm in Houston, Texas....