My friend Mica, of Business Bombshell recently sent me a fun survey about 2010 and I thought it would be fun to share it with you. I have changed some of the questions so that the survey is better suited for a design blog like LDV. It is a less formal version of a resolutions list. In the past, I have made to-do lists for each year, which have actually yielded a pretty good success rate for me. However, this year, I have been racking my brain for resolutions for 2010 and haven’t come up with anything monumental. I think the goals and aspirations in this survey are probably about as close as I’ll get to making full-blown resolutions this year. I hope you’ll take the time to share your answers some of these questions! Happy New Year!
1. Design Trend to Embrace in 2010: I’d like to incorporate more rustic and antique pieces into my home. I love the new Belgian-inspired pieces that Restoration Hardware debuted in 2009. I don’t think it would be very “me” to decorate entirely this way, but I think it would be nice to incorporate some rustic, neutral pieces into a more eclectic look a la Sally Wheat.
I would love to have Restoration Hardware’s swoon-worthy Brickmaker’s Table in my living room!
2. NEW Style Icon I love Olivia Palermo’s style, though any interpretation of mine would be on a much more modest budget than hers! I would also prefer to purchase more classic pieces as opposed to trendy ones and mix up my accessories.
3. 2010 Signature Look: I suppose it will continue to be mostly casual as that is what my job and lifestyle dictate. I don’t think my overall look will really change from this year into next.
I really like Reese Witherspoon’s approach to casual elegance. I tend to favor a more classic look, especially when dressing up. I like feminine details, like the ruffles on Reese’s blouse…
but I usually fancy jeans and a casual top paired with cute accessories on most days. Needless to say, I don’t have throngs of paparazzi surrounding me everyday!
4. NEW Favorite Pair of Shoes: I am craving a good pair of flat, black boots, maybe with some nice hardware.
I like these boots from J.Crew, but I would prefer some with hardware. Let me know if you have any recommendations for a nice pair under $200!
5. 2010 Hair Style Preference: I doubt that I will change the way I wear my hair in 2010. I will most likely keep it the same…long and straight. I might try the Olivia Palermo / Kardashian (don’t care for them, but they have such gorgeous hair!) waves sometime, but I think it would look best with my bangs pinned. I debated if I should grow out my bangs, but I think I will keep them since my hair looks more “done” with them.
6. NEW Décor Color to Try in 2010: Pantone officially declared turquoise as the color of 2010. It happens to be one of my favorites, so I am excited about it. I still have a big crush on peacock blue and Hermes Orange, which I may try to infuse into my décor a bit more.
7. 2010 Design Inspiration: Rustic elegance inspired by European country houses and charming California Spanish architecture. This may have a little to do with the fact that I just saw It’s Complicated and fell in love with Meryl’s house in the movie. Plus, I visited my friend, Jeni in October in Northern California. Her home is gorgeous and she and her family are the embodiment of laid-back, California elegance.
8. NEW Personal Goal: I plan to continue to work diligently on La Dolce Vita. I hope to find the continual inspiration to write refreshing posts with quality content to keep my readers engaged on a daily basis. A part of me would like to write a novel, but we’ll see if that happens!
Image Credit: ELLE DECOR
9. 2010 Milestones: July 1st will mark our fifth wedding anniversary! We plan to celebrate with another big trip to Europe. We are currently trying to figure out where we want to go and it seems the Andalucía region of Spain is in the lead. We also plan to start trying for a baby after our anniversary!
10. 2010 Aspirations To be the best wife, mom to Tate (and hopefully to a baby), daughter, sister, friend, tutor, and blogger that I can be.
Thank you so much for your continued support of La Dolce Vita. 2009 was a very exciting year for the blog, as well as for me personally. La Dolce Vita has definitely grown in both readership and quality of content over the past year and I have you to thank for both inspiring and motivating me. Please let me know if there is anything you would like to see more or less of on the blog in the coming year. I hope that 2010 has great things in store for everyone!
“May the best of the past be the worst of the future.” – Irish Blessing
All posts and content on this blog are created solely for La Dolce Vita and are a copyright product of Paloma Contreras Media, LLC. Please do not use posts without written permission or without linking back and crediting the original source. We do our very best to give credit where it is due. However, if an image is credited incorrectly, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can properly credit the image as soon as possible.
La Dolce Vita reserves the right to moderate comments and remove any comments that are deemed as spam or are inappropriate or offensive without notice.
Any personal information collected at the time of a giveaway will never be sold or disclosed to third-parties.
From time to time, I may feature a sponsored post or affiliate links from which I earn a small commission or fee. These posts will be disclosed as such. All opinions are truly and genuinely my own.
When pitching products, please be sure to include images and links. We will only consider products that are in keeping with the La Dolce Vita aesthetic and will not feature products that have no relevance to the blog or our readers. We will respond in a timely manner if we are interested.