Hello LDV readers! Brendan here of (BAD) Blog About Design. Have I got a getaway for you! This amazing boutique hotel is located in lovely Nantucket. During the fall, a trip to Nantucket is absolutely beautiful with all the leaves changing colors. The hotel is housed in a 19th-century captain’s home and does not fall short of original detailing. The best part? The hotel is located close to all the main places! (ABOVE) I love the look of this hotel, and that’s probably because it feels like home. No fancy motorcourts or three story lobby, just a historic house, ideal for peaceful getaway.
(1) When you walk into the hotel you are greeted by a cozy lobby and impeccable original woodwork. I love the mix of classic and contemporary.
(2) The main seating area in the lobby is this gorgeous blue and cream space. I love the mix of prints in this space. It’s not too much. I love how much this space feels like it belongs in someone’s home. Which piece is your favorite?
(3) The Coffee Cafe is the perfect place to charge up in the morning. The cafe offers different baked goods such as sconces, lemon bars, and homemade cookies. The space is designed in bold blues, whites, and a pop of color coming from the flower. I love the striped wall, a strong focal piece.
(4) Hello breakfast! I could totally picture myself waking up to a breakfast like this. Some granola with yogurt and fruits, toasted corn muffin, a warm sconce, a fruit cup and some coffee. Not only does the food look amazing, but so does the display. There is so much attention to detail at this hotel.
(5) With 21 guest rooms, the hotel is on the smaller size. The nice thing about staying at a boutique hotel is the peace and quiet. I love the the cool blues in this space. From the headboard to the lamp, this space is full of style. An added feature is that all 21 suites have an iPad, and Apple T.V and iPod docking station. Wouldn’t you like to stay in a suite like this?
(6) Off the hotel is a wonderful courtyard. This courtyard is unique to the 76 Main. The courtyard features a firepit, bar, and wonderful landscaping. The courtyard is a great place to sit back and relax after a long day exploring Nantucket.
(7) I love this photograph of Nantucket. When in Nantucket there are many things to do. The Whaling Museum is full of the history of Nantucket’s whaling industry and artifacts. It’s a great place to get an overview of some of Nantucket’s history. The Petticoat Row bakery is rated #1 in Nantucket in places to eat, so stop by! What do you think of the 76 Main?
(1) Marc by Marc Jacobs Quilted Argyle Long Sleeve Shift Dress, (2) Stella McCartney Oversized Square Sunglasses, (3) MUUBAA Fornas Ombré Leather Biker Jacket, (4) Rag & Bone Ayle Leather Booties, (5) Vince Wrap Effect Silk Top, (6) Nantucket Chic, (7) Joseph Eliston Skinny Blue Pants, (8) 3.1 Phillip Lim Ryder Satchel, (9) J.Crew Crystal Rope Necklace, (10) Chloé Lauren Leather Ballet Flats, (11) Tory Burch Marion Small Cross Body Bag, (12) The Hotel