Last week, my friend Kyle, author of the blog, Knight Moves shared a tour of her beautiful home with us. This week, she is sharing the “10 Things” she can’t live without. Her list was as thoughtful and down-to-earth as I had imagined. You see, Kyle has amazing taste and fabulous style, but she is the type of girl that anyone could imagine being friends with. It’s no surprise that I loved her list!
1) Dogs – I adore my three Jack Russell Terriers. They have the greatest personalities and bring lots of love and fun into my life. I find dogs to be very refreshing as compared to people and I love coming home to them!
2) Paint – whether it’s paint for the walls, spray paint, oils for a canvas, or even nail polish, the transformative possibilities of paint are endless. It’s such an essential creative tool and I love to use it, especially when the effect is dramatic. I think it’s so great when a vintage piece gets a new lease on life through a fresh coat of paint. The dresser shown below from Pieces was beatified with some semi gloss white paint.
3) Apple products – Not going to lie, I’d be pretty lost with my iPhone and MacBook Pro. I also use iTunes constantly and think my husband’s iPad is the jam. For me, Apple makes technology easy and fun to use and all of my Apple goodies make my life so much easier. I’m not really a tech person, but I always want whatever new product Steve Jobs is pitching! Right now it’s the iPhone 4 in white…
4) The great outdoors – I love to be outside! I’m constantly amazed by the beauty of trees, water, flowers, clouds, mountains, snow, and the sun. These pics were all taken in Aspen, which is where I am now! It’s so gorgeous here and nearly all of our activities take place outdoors.
5) Comfortable Bedding – Whether it’s at my house or at a luxury hotel, I love a well-appointed bed. At home, I adore my Tempurpedic mattress and pillow and my Sferra Egyptian cotton sateen sheets. I’m also obsessed with blankets. I have them everywhere throughout the house!
6) Great design – I am passionate about design – interior and exterior – and really appreciate a thoughtfully executed scheme that marries form and function. Here are some a few of my favorite projects…
7) Airplanes – Flying is my favorite method of transportation – I’m always amazed at how quickly you can get across the country or around the world in a plane. I love to travel and have a long list of places I’d like to visit and many that I’ve already been to that I can’t wait to go back to! Paris is one of my favorite destinations…I could easily go there every year and never tire of it. Here are some shots from our last trip…
8) Comfort Food – Donuts, pizza, chocolate chip cookies, macaroni and cheese, ice cream, grilled cheese sandwiches, and pasta are all foods that make me very happy. I try to balance my food vices with working out and eating healthier options most of the time!
9) Mascara – I’m not a big makeup junkie, but mascara is the one product I can’t do without. I am hooked on Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe in the Black Emerald color. I’ve tried so many different mascaras including the pricey ones, and this is, by far, my favorite. It curls, fattens, and lengthens my lashes…and it doesn’t flake off or get clumpy.
10) Our house – I am pretty addicted to the comforts of our house. I especially love lounging in our den. My husband and I, along with our dogs, veg out on the big sectional and watch movies.
Thanks Paloma for asking me to participate! It was a fun exercise…I tried to keep it light and not delve too deep into the really meaningful stuff like my friends and family, who I certainly wouldn’t want to live without!