Today, the lovely Camila who writes the fun blog, High-Heeled Foot in the Door will be sharing her “10 Things List” with us. It seems we share a lot of the same vices. Magazines, baked goods, and travel? Sign me up!
I was so excited to be asked to participate in this great series. So a massive thank you to Paloma for asking me. I tend to love lots of things so I had to narrow down my picks to things that I always love and therefore can not live without.
1. Magazines: I don’t know what it is about them, but I love when my monthly subscriptions come through the mailbox. I love being the absolute first one to open them and go through them page by page. There have been many fights at my house when someone has gotten to my magazine first that now everyone knows I must read them first.
2. Baked goods: Over the weekend I literally only ate my dinner at a restaurant, because I knew I wanted to get the apple tart for dessert. My husband’s response to this, “ Camila it’s like there is a fat little kid inside of you.” I just nodded in agreement and got the waiters attention to place my order. The saddest thing happened…they were all sold out. I was totally cranky for the rest of the night. Ah what can I say I live for dessert!
* Cookies in the image above are from Levain . If you are ever in NY you must go and get some. Amazing! Best chocolate chip cookie I have ever had. If they had been opened at 10pm that night I would have had my husband drive me over to get my fix.
3. Blogs: I don’t know what I would do without them. Not only do I love writing mine, but I read way more than I can even count.
4. iPhone: I got my phone as a Christmas gift and it was love at first sight. I love checking my email all the time, or googling something when I’m out or just using it to tweet on the go and snap pictures for blog posts.
5. Passport: I love to travel. I’m constantly asking for trips as gifts. It’s just the best to get to go out and explore different cultures. Our latest getaway was to Costa Rica.
7. The color orange: It’s my go-to color. I just love it. I think it’s happy and fun and could go in any room.
8. Ballerina Flats: I know with the name of my blog you would think I was in high-heels all day long, but the sad truth is that it’s ballerina flats. They are just so easy to wear. I get to look chic yet be comfortable. Plus the pair above have a bow, which is also one of my must haves.
9. Vintage anything! I love buying pieces that have a past to them. Whether it be a piece of jewelry or an accessory for my home. The chairs pictured above where a thrift store find and only 5 bucks a piece! I just used them in a room I redid that I’m featured on my blog this week.
10. Sunshine: I hate those days that are grey and dreary. To me it’s much easier to get to work when I see the sun shining through my window.