1. Surrealism– Honestly, I don’t have a great explanation for this one. I just can’t help being drawn to the fantasy and absurdity of it. Whatever it is, I have a need to surround myself with odd images, perhaps its because life is a surreal experience.
2. Great Design– Truly great design just makes life better! Not just in furniture or interiors, but objects that we live with at all times.
5. Modern Architecture– I love all types of buildings, but modern ones truly speak to me. They’re innovative and they aren’t restrained by many preconceived notions.
6. Books– Classic fiction, self-help, biographies, art catalogs, essays, I love almost any type of book. I realize how nerdy this makes me sound, but its the truth. I have a notion that I can solve almost any problem as long as I can find the right book. P.S. Despite how many books I have read, I still haven’t found one I love more than Huckleberry Finn:)
7. Unusual Portraits– I love trying to understand people. Who they are, what motivates them, etc. Portraits by their nature allow us to examine people for as long as we wish. To me, off-beat portraits often show how people see themselves.
8. My Camera– Ahhh, my other love. I would need to rescue it from a fire too. Over the years its become an extension of myself.
9. Chunky Jewelry- Call it the Frida Kahlo in me, or maybe its because I’m from Texas but I LOVE BIG JEWELRY. The bigger the better! Oh, and if I can wear multiple layers of necklaces, bracelets, or rings than I am a truly happy girl.
10. Music– It really soothes the soul, no? When I was a kid I wanted to be a famous singer. Unfortunately, I discovered that I’m not that good at it. Despite that, I am passionate about music. I don’t care if its the newest sounds or traditional ones. I like it even if its in a language I don’t understand or played with instruments I’ve never seen before. I just really love music! I didn’t want to presume that I could add a video to Paloma’s site, so here is a link to one of my favorite songs.…yeah, I’m a die-hard Gen X-er!