When I discovered Erika’s blog, Urban Grace a couple of years ago, I couldn’t get enough. I immediately loved her taste and was so impressed by her talent. The homes she designs are classic and gorgeous. And as far as kitchen and bathroom design goes, it’s as if she crawled into my head and designed my dream rooms! Her talent and calculating eye for design are one thing, but Erika’s personality emanates through her blog making it and her even more likable. She is sweet, warm, and self-deprecating: qualities which make her so charming. During the past few months, she has been busy with her precious new baby girl, Sloane, which makes me relish her posts even more.
1. Family. I couldn’t live without them. My twin sister, my extended family, immediate family, in-laws… I love them all. Each and every one. Pictured above is my daughter Sloane, who is now 13 weeks old! Time flies.
(A Note From Paloma: I recently received a DSLR camera from my husband for my birthday and Erika and her sister are the very reason I decided to go with the Canon Rebel XSi. Their photos are so gorgeous and inspiring!)
3. Sharpie Pens. I’m admittedly a pen snob, but with the economy in the condition it is in (and the fact that I lost my last fancy pen) I’ve found nothing is better than a good Sharpie Pen.
4. Dansko Clogs. I have them in almost every color. Gray suede (now discontinued) being my favorite. This olive green oiled pair are on my radar, would like to add them to my collection.
5. Eight O’Clock Coffee. I am currently enjoying the 1/2 Caffeine version.
6. Fresh Cosmetics. Specifically Hesperides (Grapefruit) Eau de Toilet & High Noon Fresh Face Glow.
7. Seagrass Rugs (especially in herringbone pattern) with Leather Bindings (especially a textured leather).
8. Linnea Designs Calendars. My accountant gave me my first calendar for Christmas 5 years ago and I am addicted. I look forward to seeing the new art that each month brings to my kitchen!
9. LLBean Tote Bags. For work, for weekends, for storage, for beach, for organization, for any and everything.
10. Orange Glo 4-in-1 Hardwood Floor Cleaner. Odd, I know. But if you have real wood floors and haven’t tried this stuff you are missing out. Thirsty, dry floors will thank you. It’s like a facial for your floors… and they will ‘glo’ with beauty after you use this product.