1. My day planner. It is my brain – I don’t think I could get through a day without glancing at it at least ten times. I really like Gallery Leather – they make leather planners that are just as durable as they are beautiful. When mine is beating around in my giant purse, I don’t worry about it coming out looking ragged. 2. My studio. I truly cannot work better anywhere else. It is filled with things I love and that inspire me. It is amazing what comes from the combination of one little Mac laptop, a digital camera, and my amazing clients – I truly am so lucky!
3. Kitchen experiments! Travis and I are always cooking something up and we love to find fun spices and ingredients to play with. We are lucky to have friends who are also interested in good food (and even one who went to the Culinary Institute of America) so we are always chatting about restaurants, wine, and cooking. 4. My Sister. She’s my best girlfriend and I love her to the bone. She and I are so very different in many ways, but we love and embrace that about our relationship. She lives far away from me, in Austin, TX right now and I miss her every day. Isn’t she adorable? She’s an amazing artist on top of everything else!
5. Memories and photos. Here’s one of my uncle, Grandfather, and Dad. Leaving our crazy family history out of things, I love looking back on photos like this, years before I was a twinkle in anyone’s eye, when a moment was captured when everyone was happy. 6. Good music. I am a music junkie and have been since I was a kid. We always had a music room in our house, full of instruments and my Dad’s massive vinyl collection. I see as much live music as I can. I was blown away by Ghostland Observatory a few nights ago but the best concert I’ve seen all year was the Avett Brothers.
7. Travis. He is the love of my life and I’d be lost without him. Simple as that.
8. Pellegrino and Tazo black tea! I love Pellegrino plain and thanks to a friend have recently stumbled upon orange and lemon flavored Pellegrino as well – SO delicious! I also have a terrible Starbucks black tea habit – it keeps me juiced during those long nights where I drop into the zone.
9. My satch, as I so lovingly call it. I love it, and ever since I bought this beautiful buttery thing, I haven’t even thought of cheating on it with another handbag. 10. Home. My Mom is a fun lady full of ideas and bursting with creativity. She is an amazing cook, and paired with my hilarious Step Dad they are always fun to go home to. My Step Dad is turning 60 this year! My Mom is a knitting fanatic (yes, she knit that bear, can you believe it?). They are incredible people who really live extremely green (even though I have never heard either one of them use the word "green"). They live off of a red dirt road on a beautiful piece of secluded property among tons of Pecan groves. Just as they are old fashioned, they also love their macbook, iphones, Wii, and Netflix- fused Dexter marathons – they crack me up!