Now that my “Personal Style, Defined” series has come to a close, it’s time for a new, exciting series! Next Tuesday will mark the official debut for the newest series on La Dolce Vita, “Ten Things I Can’t Live Without”, which is inspired by Shortlist, one of my favorite features in ELLE DECOR. The bloggers who will be participating in this series all seem really excited about it, so I think it will make for many fun reads.
Before Eddie Ross officially kicks off the series next Tuesday, I thought I would share my own “can’t live without” list with you. I hope you’ll comment and let us know what you absolutely cannot live without!
1. My husband is not only the love of my life, but he is also my best friend. He knows more about me than anyone else in the world. He knows how to get under my skin, but he also knows how to make me laugh and feel like the most special woman in the world.
2. Travel feeds my soul. I have a major case of wanderlust and am constantly dreaming of our next trip. I find so much inspiration when I travel, whether it is to a brand new place or one that I am already familiar with. There is something so special and exhilarating about being removed from your usual surroundings. I love nothing more than walking through the streets of a beautiful city and taking in the sights and sounds.
3. To-Do Lists: I make one nearly everyday because they keep me organized and I feel a sense of accomplishment every time I am able to cross something off of it.
4. I absolutely adore beautiful flowers, but then again, what woman doesn’t? My absolute favorite are pink peonies, whether in a bright magenta or a soft blush tone.
5. I cannot imagine my life without blogging. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that my blog would allow me the opportunity to meet so many amazing people. I have grown so much as a result of my blog and have explored new interests because of it. It is ingrained in me and is most definitely a part of my everyday life.
6. My Heritage: I have grown to love my heritage (Mexican and Spanish) more and more as I have gotten older. I am so thankful that my parents taught me to speak Spanish. I think that helped inspire to study other languages and cultures as I have gotten older. I cannot imagine what it would be like not to delve into the wonderful history, food, art, and literature of these wonderful cultures.
7. Good food and wine are always better in the company of good friends! There is nothing worse than wasting calories and money on less than thrilling food.
8. Inspiring Interiors are a huge part of my life and my blog. I love looking at a room in a new light or being inspired by a lamp or a rug. I absolutely love interior design, so when I see a new space that inspires me, it makes for a bright spot in my day.
9. I could not live without antibacterial gel! I am a major germophobe and I still work with students, so I am constantly washing or sanitizing my hands.
10. My puppy Tate has become a huge part of our lives. My husband and I always joke that he is like our first-born child. We adore him with all of our hearts and have spoiled him rotten. He always manages to put a smile on my face, even if I am in a rotten mood.
Image credits: Paloma Contreras, Francesco Lagnese, Kate Spade, Mark Lund, ELLE DECOR, Francesco Lagnese, Richard Fulsear, Miles Redd for Domino, Bath & Body Works, Paloma Contreras